Children’s Summer Dance Camp 2020
MoBu Summer Camp will be happening now that the County of San Francisco has released guidelines for the reopening phase that includes camps starting June 15.
The city health guidelines require camps be held in 3-week sessions with the same campers, teachers and TAs for all 3 weeks. This to minimize exposure to different constellations of people — i.e., the same group for 3 weeks are only exposed to each other, vs. bringing in a new set of people each week or kids moving on to other camp settings. The max is 12 campers per group, and there are a number of other physical distancing and cleaning measures we must take for health and safety of the campers and staff.
As a result, we have decided we are going to offer both in person and virtual camp options.
IN-PERSON CAMP (all 3 weeks required)
Description: The Dance Camp program will teach dancers four disciplines throughout the week — Ballet, Creative, Pop and Contemporary. We will have some time for art and potentially opportunities for occasional outside time (physically distanced walks or short hikes in nearby parks), which is encouraged in city guidelines. We will not spend time at the playground/park as in past years. There will be a Zoom family showcase at the end of each week since we can’t do our usual in-person showcase at the studios.
Date: June 15 through July 2nd (Monday-Friday the first 2 weeks and Monday-Thursday the 3rd week because 7/3 is observed holiday for July 4.)
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (we will not be able to offer before or after care)
Cost: $600 total (since all 3 weeks are required we are giving a discount off usual price $225/week)
- Younger group (MoBu Dance Studio Church Street)
- Older group (MoBu Dance Studio Castro Street)
Specifications to take into account based on SF County Guidelines:
- The same parent must drop off and pick up
- Students must be checked for temperature every day (we will have a staff doing this at drop off)
- Masks are highly recommended even while dancing for all campers and are required for TAs and teachers
- We will be undergoing cleaning and sanitizing measures every day, and requiring frequent hand washing
- Students must bring their own art supplies (crayons, markers) — we can supply paper but that is all.
- Students must bring their own food: morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and filled water bottles
- Teachers and TAs will not eat lunch or snacks with campers. Teachers & TAs will alternate their lunch times throughout the day.
- There are a number of cleaning measures we will be taking per guidelines.
Click on this link SF County Summer Camp guidelines to see what we are required to follow.
Description: Virtual camp will be (2) classes per day, 45 min each class for both younger and older groups. The 2 classes will be: Ballet/Modern with teacher Nicole and TBD; and Hip Hop with teacher Angelina.
- Week 1: June 15 – 19 (Monday – Friday)
- Week 2: June 22 – 26 (Monday – Friday)
- Week 3 June 29 – July 2 (Monday – Thursday because of holiday)
- Younger virtual classes (kinder – 2nd grade)
- Older virtual classes (3rd – 6th grade)
9:45 am – 10:30 am
- Class 1 Younger: Ballet/Modern
- Class 1 Older: Hip Hop
10:45 – 11:30
- Class 2 Younger: Hip Hop
- Class 2 Older: Ballet/Modern
- Weeks 1 & 2: $100/week
- Week 3: $80 for the week due to short week/July 4th holiday
- Current students go to parent portal to sign up
- New to MoBu Dance Studio? Go here to register and sign up for camps: MoBu Dance Studio New Student Registration
For more information: email@example.com